I spent much of the day preparing a section on the west side of the house for a patch of “Lily of the Valleys” and some other wildflowers. The section is under a tree, and grass doesn’t do very well. There were “Lily of the Valleys” here before, but they were destroyed when the roof was redone a couple years ago. So I rototilled the section, added lime and fertilizer, then drilled ninety 2 inch holes and planted the newly arrived “Lily of the Valley” pips. I hope they make it to bloom next spring. In the past, the deer left them alone. One of the pips had a shoot with flower buds. I took that one inside under the LED grow lights to see if the flower buds would open.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]