Back side of the house undergoing renovation. The previous wood deck was removed, and the space is being converted to a stone patio. The roofing, back siding and French doors had been replaced. Solar panels had been installed on the roof, and at the time of this picture were awaiting inspection before being energized. Little Planet (360 degree) view of the project in progress. Also, a slide show of the 36 individual images that were used to produce the Little Planet view.
Stacked Waining Gibbous Moon (92%). Image 1: Composite of 10 images image taken with a Nikon D810a camera, 400 mm f/2.8 lens, and TC-E III 2x teleconverter (ISO 200, 800 mm, f/8, 1/125 sec). Image 2: Stacked Waining Gibbous Moon (92%). Composite of 14 images image taken with a Fuji X-T1 camera and 100-400 mm OIS lens (ISO 200, 400 mm, f/8, 1/125 sec). Raw images processed with Capture One Pro, and the composite generated in Photoshop CC (scripts, statistics, maximum).
I saw this sand painting while visiting the temples in Bagan, Burma (Myanmar). I am not often tempted to purchase souvenirs, but the birds on the tree reminded me of a Navajo “Tree of Life” wool rug. We were only part way through the Spring 2016 Semester at Sea voyage when I purchased the sand painting and I wasn’t sure it would make the trip without being damaged . Two months later when I finally got home, the painting was still in good condition. I had it framed locally using non-reflective glass, and it is now next to the Navajo “Tree of Life” wool rug.
The bright full moon woke up at 03:30 AM. The sky was crystal clear. I got up and took images of the moon with six different camera/lens combinations. All were shot on a tripod, with mirror up delay to minimize vibration.
(1) Nikon D810a camera and 80-400 mm VRII lens (ISO 200, 400 mm, f/16, 1/125 sec).
(2) Nikon D3x camera and 600 mm f/4 VR lens (ISO 100, 600 mm, f/5.6, 1/800 sec).
(3) Fuji X-T1 camera and 100-400 mm OIS lens (ISO 200, 400 mm, f/16, 1/250 sec).
(4) Nikon 1 V3 camera and 70-300 mm VR lens (ISO 200, 300 mm, f/16, 1/200 sec).
(5) Nikon D800 camera and 400 mm f/4 VR lens (ISO 100, 500 mm, f/5.6, 1/800 sec).
(6) Nikon D800 camera and 500 mm f/4 VR lens + TC-E 20 II teleconverter (ISO 100, 1000 mm, f/8, 1/250 sec).
The images were cropped so they would be the same size. I like (1) and (2) the best, but am interested in comments.