A different type of Black-eyed Susan with a red circle showed up in the small wildflower meadow I planted last year. I didn’t add any new seeds to this section this year, so the flowers that are showing up are either perennials, bi-annuals, or got reseeded from last years flowers. So far the flowers that appeared in this section include (sort of by date) Italian (Crimson) Clover, several types of Poppies, several types of Daisies, Bachelor Buttons (Cornflowers), and now two types of Black-eyed Susan. Just before the Daisies started to bloom, a deer got in and nibbled on the flower buds. Since then I put up a seven foot mesh (not electrified).
It was relatively dark out, and I could see a large number of fireflies out my backyard. I set up a camera, and took a series of images which I used to create a nearly two hour composite image. I am not happy that all of the fireflies were out of focus — I didn’t guess right with the distance from the camera and/or the focus dial moved as I was setting the camera up in the dark. Weather permitting I am going to try again tomorrow night.